This is a rather detailed page so we've created a menu to allow for easier navigation. Just click on any Topic in the menu below to be taken directly to that section of the page.
Notes and Clicky Notes
Do Not List Defaults
Shipping Speed Defaults
eBay Attributes and Defaults
Home Base Field Setup
Control which fields are displayed on your Single List Page (SLP) with your selections in this section and build your listing page to suit your needs.
There is no right or wrong combination, just what works best for you and your business. Feel free to experiment – you can always add or delete anything at anytime.
If you are an FBA Enabled account you can set a default for the FBA setting
Approved by Amazon to sell Collectible? Select this setting:
it adds drop downs populated with Amazon's approved values below the Edition, Jacket and Signature fields on your listing page. Note: that Edition is a default field, meaning you do not need to turn it on to see it on your listing page, but the other two need to be individually enabled to see them and the subsequent drop down menus.
The Notes field can be adjusted directly on the listing page to suit your needs – 4 high X 40 wide is a good place to start. Your can always increase or decrease the size if needed by clicking on the corner and dragging.
- For notes you use a lot in your listing practice and to make listing quicker and more consistent:
- Simply enter an ID for your note and the text you would like to use in the fields provided.
- The ID you assign should be 8 characters or less, unique, and contain no spaces or special characters.
Once you have a few Clicky Notes set up you'll see this section similar to the following:
When you have some Clickey Notes set up, they will show just to the left of your notes box on your Single List page. Just click on the ID to paste in the note.
- You can use the Clickey Notes with the Private Fields as well.
- To use these in your Private Fields, use the following format for the ID: '_p_<note_id>'.
- For example, to assign the note 'nt3' to be used with Private Field 2, you would use the ID '_p2_nt3'.
- Strange, yes, but handy if you use the Private Fields a lot.
Enter text about the condition to create a drop-down box on the single list page.
- Similar to the Clicky Notes as they allow for quicker population of the single list page with the slight difference of having a drop down menu created instead of a quick ID to click.
- These free-form conditions are sent to Venues either in place of the Condition or appended to your Notes (ex: Amazon).
- Enter one condition text item per line in the field provided.
- The Do Not List Defaults will automatically set the do not list flags for you on the single list page, per venue, for each venue that you select in these default settings.
- Note: You need not set these for venues where you are not selling.
- Select the Shipping options you want to offer and they will automatically appear on your Single List Page as you creating your listings.
- These settings will feed out to eBay, Biblio, eCampus, TextbookRush, and to your Custom Venues.
Minimum/Maximum Price: will allow you to create set parameters to be applied to your price adjustments to Amazon. You can set these up per item on the listing page directly, or use the default settings
- You can select between percent (%) or dollar ($) values in the drop down menu.
- A Percent (%) setting uses the original listing price as the trigger for the min/max setting for all future repricing activity.
- Note: If values are supplied directly on the listing page, those values will override the default values set up here.
Shipping Templates: will allow you to create a list of the shipping templates you're using on Amazon so that you can easily match items to the template you wish to use. Note:If you have entered template names to your inventory using a file that you've uploaded and those template names are not yet entered to this list, check the box next to Populate list from inventory and save the page to pull those template names onto this list.
Amazon Browse Paths is a relic field at Amazon but the field is being repurposed by AOB to store data that will assist you in creating Categories on various venues. It's free-form and typically comma separated.
Check the box next to 'Populate list from Inventory' and AoB will scan your existing inventory to create a list for you.
- Created to allow sellers an easier method of ending eBay listings to keep items from billing for a new cycle. For more information please see details in the Community Center Post.
- In this section of your Settings page, select the number of days before the billing date on eBay listings for AoB to automatically end your eBay listings.
- Check the box and save the page to enable eBay's Item Specific fields on your single list page.
eBay's own documentation found at http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/grow-your-sales/seo-unique-identifiers.html which we feel is quite comprehensive provides quick access to various points regarding this topic.
- Use this field to create your most common locations, one per line.
- Entries here create a drop-down menu on your single list page with your common locations so you can choose them for a specific listing.
- You do not have to use this field as it is not a required field to create a listing.
- Use this field to create your most common sources, one per line.
- Entries here create a drop-down menu on your SLP of your common sources so you can choose them for a specific listing.
Home Base Field Setup
Folks that are accustomed to using HomeBase, or similar listing software, may be used to having specific options available for some fields. Use the boxes in this section to set up the pull-down boxes for those fields.
- The Size field is generally used to show the dimensions of an item. Enter your most common sizes, 1 per line, to enable the size drop-down box on the single list page.
- The ABE Catalog field will allow you to enter data to create your category assignments. One entry per line. A drop-down menu will be created on the single list page. This field can also be used for category matching for eBay items.
- By default, when you click a Price on the listing page's Market Data it will drop that amount by a penny ($0.01) and enter that amount to your Core Price field.
- Change that amount by entering a value to this section of your Settings page. Enter any currency (USD value) and subtract from that amount from the price you click on in the market data
Important note: For any of the edits on this page to take effect you must save changes at the bottom of the page each time you make a change.