To set up your AOB account for Half.com's File Exchange:
It is not required that you set up File Exchange for AOB to list your inventory to Half.com. It is an option that sellers with 100,000 or more items in inventory can consider. If you have contacted half.com about File Exchange and you wish to have it set up for AOB:
- Enter a Support Ticket asking to have File Exchange turned on for your account.
- In that ticket share your Half.com Username, Password and Email address.
To get an Inventory Snapshot from Half:
- Log into your Half.com seller account.
- Locate the heading of Selling.
- Inventory Snapshot is the third link down, click it.
- Enter your email address if it is not already there and click the submit button
- Once your Inventory Snapshot is ready you will receive an email from Half.com with a link to where you can find your download.
- Enter that URL into your internet browser.
- After you go back to Half save your download to your computer in a place you can find it again.
Please note: if you are obtaining a Half.com snapshot to run a resync the file needs to be unopened. The file must be unopened and unmodified. Opening it in Excel is sufficient to modify the file and will prevent proper processing. You will then have to request a new file and you can only get one snapshot every 24 hours.
I have double listings on my Half.com account.
Double listings typically occur when either your Half.com account was not empty when you activated the venue on AOB or you sent a purge and replace to AOB and your Half account was not empty. If you have double listings get an inventory snapshot, open a ticket and attach the snapshot to the ticket stating you have double listings and we will do our best to clear out the doubles.
Why are all my items not getting listed on Half.com that are listed on Amazon?
Half doesn't have the same size database as Amazon and unlike Amazon you can't create new listing pages. Not all of your items, even if they have valid ISBNs or UPCs will be able to be listed.
The items I just listed are not showing in my inventory.
This is from Half.com's help pages. “From time to time, the system does experience some delays in the item appearing on the site. This is due to the high volume of items that are being listed. Items will normally take 2 hours to appear in your inventory.” http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/seller/list.html#toc-11
I need my prices on Half to update.
Due to the limited number of threads eBay/Half allows, automatic refreshes when auto-repricing using soloist are not sent. If you have run Soloist on Auto, you will want to go to your Venue Settings and send a refresh to half.com to get the new prices applied to your current listings.
Does AOB send my shipping info, including tracking number, to half?
Yes we do. If you want the tracking number to be sent to half you can provide that information two ways. The first way is to manually put the tracking number in the tracking field on your ship page. Next click the ship with or without email button and save changes. The second way is to use our bulk ship feature .. when you do so all of the shipping information is automatically sent to half when you upload your XML file.
I sell on half.com and want to sell on eBay. Do I have to have a seller's account for both venues?
- You can opt-in at Half to have them list to eBay for you by going to https://account.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HalfOnEBayOptIn&guest=1
- The following page is excellent for explaining this process... http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/seller/ebay_listings.html
- If you elect to have AOB list to eBay separately for you please note that it's easiest if both accounts have the exact same login information. This, since they share a token.
- If you have longstanding accounts with separate login information, contact us about 'splitting' your token.
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone support offered)